When terminating an employee you should proceed as follows:
Complete any current pay inputs (Ordinary time etc worked in the current period and any Public Holidays the employee may be entitled to), then:
- Add an Annual Leave entry to Pay..Leave Taken
- Click the [Assistant] button and choose Termination Pay
- Select the type of termination (Resignation/Dismissal, or Genuine Redundancy) - IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT OPTION
- If entitled to Long Service Leave then check the "Pay out LSL" option
- SmoothPay will automatically calculate the amount due to be paid and allocate it to an appropriate allowance (the allowance code determines how it gets taxed, whether super applies etc. and SmoothPay will create or correct the allowance code if necessary)
Your employee will be paid out all unused leave liabilities (automatically excludes sick leave) and the termination flag will be set automatically when the payrun is completed.