In any group of companies it's relatively common that you need to transfer an employee (say between regular staff and management, or from your Auckland company to your Christchurch company) along with their leave balances.
To accomplish this:
- right-click the employee's name, choose Export employee (detail)
- copy (CTRL+C) the employee's information from the dialog displayed
- you can now manually terminate the employee in their Contract tab
- go to the receiving company
- right-click any employee, choose Import employee (preserve leave balances)
- paste in the copied employee data (CTRL+V) and click OK