Accounting system integration
- Select the ledger type in Settings..Accounting
- Alter the codes supplied (Codes..Cost Centres) by changing the cost centre code in each case to match your chart of accounts
- do not be tempted to deactivate the existing codes and add new one's - you'll make your setup much harder than it needs to be
- feel free to add more cost centres if you expense to multiple accounts
- if your accounting system also handles job or project codes (Tracking Categories in Xero) then set these up too
SmoothPay provides API-integration (automatic) for MoneyWorks, Xero and Reckon One, and costing transfer journal files for many other systems, including: Accredo, CashManager, MYOB, Navision, Orion, Quickbooks, Pastel, Reckon and Sage.
Testing your integration
Assuming you have completed the steps above...
- set up a payrun for one or two staff and analyse pay inputs to cost centres as needed
- use Pay Reports..Cost centre analysis and set the the output option to costing file - this will generate glcosting.txt which you can then check for wellformedness and/or import into your accounting system
***The entire task should take no more than 10 minutes. If it's taking longer then please call for assistance.***
The usual costing process
- analyse inputs to the required accounts (you can set typical settings and apply them to template and historical pays too if you wish in the employee's Contract tab)
- produce and check your pay reports (esp the GL Cost analysis - you do not need to set the output option unless testing your integration)
- following your payrun, produce your cost centre analysis and file using Reports..Pays..Cost centre analysis (batch)
- download the resulting glcosting file from Files then import to accounting
And of course we provide as much product assistance and training as you need to help get you started.
- Basic payroll accounting
- Costing analysis
- Xero integration guide
- Reckon One integration guide
- CashManager integration guide
- MoneyWorks integration