Emailing payslips from Smoothpay is easy, and can be accomplished:
- in bulk during Step 2 of the pay process (after checking your pay reports are all correct) - this is normally where payslips are emailed
- in bulk for any processed payrun, from Reports..Pays..Resend payslips
- individually during a payrun, by producing a payslip and emailing the resulting PDF
- individually from Staff..History, for any pay period, forever (assuming the employee's email address is entered)
- make sure you have a valid email address in Settings (the company or payroll admin email address)
- if you wish to receive a copy of every email sent by SmoothPay then you can put an email address in the BCC field in Settings (this lets you monitor that your emails have in fact been sent - just set up a filter in your email client to deal with them if needed).
- In the Payslips tab, tick Email payslips, and set your preferred delivery mode:
- Test to company email address: send any emails to your company email address (great for testing when you first set up your system and the default mode for new sites)
- Test to Smoothpay HelpDesk: should only be used only in conjunction with a HelpDesk support session to ensure that the payslips have indeed been received
- Live: use this mode when you're ready to start sending payslips to real employee email addresses.
- NOTE: These modes can also be changed in Payrun..Pay reports, using the tool beside Email Payslips
- Make sure each employee has a valid email address
- You can also control if an employee prefers to have their payslip printed, emailed or suppressed in their Contract tab (so, even if they have a valid email address they may prefer to receive a printed payslip instead, so will not be included in bulk email production).
Emailing payslips for the current payrun in bulk (after checking your pay reports)
- In Payrun..Pay reports, click Email Payslips then click Confirm
Resending payslips for a processed batch (in bulk)
- Use Reports..Pays..Resend payslips
- Select the batch you wish to resend payslips for
- Click OK
Emailing a single payslip during a payrun
- In Payrun, click Payslip
- Choose Print PDF
- email the PDF
Emailing a single payslip from history
- In Staff..History, select the pay period you want to email the payslip for
- select the Print tool and choose Email payslip
SmoothPay's SecureMail service will queue the payslip for delivery and send it (generally within 10-15 minutes, but depending on load)
Payslip not received?
The causes are generally:
- not waiting long enough for the payslip to be de-queued by the SmoothPay SecureMail service (allow 10-15 minutes)
- invalid email address
- recipient has previously blocked the sender (email@example.com) or reported it as spam - yes, this happens and SmoothPay will not remove the block without a direct request from the recipient
- recipient's email provider has flagged the email as spam and moved it to the spam folder - user must log on to their email service and whitelist the sender so they receive their emailed payslips in future
- recipient's email provider has blocked or rejected the message - the recipient must contact their provider to have these messages delivered, or change to a different email provider and email address, or use Employee Self-Service instead.
SmoothPay can check delivery status within 30 days on request and report back the success status for the given email address (maximum 2 requests in any 30-day period).